The objectives of AAHEFA are;
- To share experience and information on common matters and to increase students’ access to higher education finance within and outside Africa.
- To solicit funds for common development projects.
- To create a platform for capacity building of its member.
- To facilitate exchange of skills, information and expertise between members and other organizations related to Higher Education.
- To facilitate cooperation and open up links between higher education Financing Agencies of Africa and other alike organizations.
- To negotiate with donors or such other external agencies on mater of common interest.
- To harmonize matters relating to Higher Education Financing Agencies among the member where necessary.
- To serve as data bank for issues relating to Higher Education Students Financing.
- To provide consultancy on formation of financing agencies and appropriate ICT.
- Training facilitators for Higher Education Students Financing
- To acquire such other assets in the furtherance of the common objectives.
- To do such other things and perform such other tasks as deemed necessary and or helpful in the furtherance of the objectives of the Association.
- Capacity Building
- Bargaining power (Funding/Legislative & Policy etc)
- Increase GHE Index (equity)
- Mobilization of resources (funding) for self-sustainability and programme funding.
AAHEFA Strategic Objectives
AAHEFA Strategic Plan has identified several Strategic Goals as enumerated below and broken down into the relevant strategic objectives:
- Strategic Goal 1: Benchmarking, and capacity building
- Strategic Objective 1: To develop policies and frameworks to be adopted by member countries by December 2013
- Strategic Objective 2: To build institutional capacity of the members through annual trainings, consultancies and staff exchanges.
- Strategic Objective 3: Improve leadership, institutional management and the policy environment of African higher education financing
- Strategic Objective 4: To achieve a strong voice by aligning the association with strong advocacy bodies e.g. SADC, COMESA, AU, AAU, etc.
- Strategic Objective 5: To promote regional integration by bringing 5 new members annually.
- Strategic Goal 2: Leverage Common Interest to increase access to Higher Education
- Strategic Objective 6: To enhance collaboration by establishing relationships with at least 2 other financing agencies globally
- Strategic Objective 7: Increase access to Higher Education
- Strategic Goal 3. Mobilization of resources (funding) for self-sustainability & programme funding
- Strategic Objective 8: To increase resource mobilization for self-sustenance and programme